Belly Fat Yoga for less belly fat. See Chal. Weerasinghe poses to get it done.
Home Fitness 5 Yoga Poses To Reduce Stubborn Belly Fat
5 Yoga Poses To Reduce Stubborn Belly Fat
Belly fat can be one of the most difficult and stubborn areas of your body to burn off. Most of the times it is the first thing people notice when they observe you. Therefore having belly fat can make you very self-conscious and it will affect your quality of life. The abdominal fat, in fact, is closely linked to heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and even some forms of cancer. Getting rid of belly fat is important because it is one of the most dangerous places in the body to keep the fat.
There are plenty of exercises which aid in reducing belly fat, among them yoga is more effective and can be practiced by any healthy person. But it is important to understand that in order to eliminate the belly fat, it is necessary to focus on nutrition as this is as much as 70% of the result.
You should practice these yoga poses almost every day to get fast and best results.
Cobra pose (Bhujang asana)
Cobra pose is a great posture to strengthen the abdominal muscles and to reduce belly pooch. This pose will strengthen the back, abdomen and entire upper body.it also makes the spine flexible and strong.
Bhujangasana – Cobra pose
– Lie down on your belly with legs stretched.
– Place the palms underneath the shoulder.
– Chin on the floor and all the toes touching the floor.
– Then, on inhalation slowly raise your chest up bending backwards as much as possible.
– This allows your body to look like a cobra ready to strike with the head raised.
– Hold the cobra pose for 15 – 30 secs depending on your ability.
– On exhalation slowly bring your entire body down to the prone position.
– Repeat this for at least 5 times with relaxation for 15 secs after each round.
– Don’t do this pose if you have back injury,ulcer.hernia or if you are pregnant….
Caution:Not all exercises are suitable for everyone.do not practice these poses if you are pregnant, recently under gone a surgery, have back injury or leg injury etc.If you feel pain, discomfort or dizziness does not continue.
Dr. Chalochanie Weerasinghe is a certified Ayurvedic physician from University of Colombo. Her specialization include yoga, Ayurvedic beauty care and Panchakarma therapy.
Rest of belly fat poses here